Tuesday, June 2, 2009

January 9, 2010

The doctor's appointment went well yesterday. I was weighed, we went over my health questionnaire. The nurse midwife I was on track to see (lovely Kaiser) suggested I see a doctor for my next appointment because of my blood pressure, which is high. Depending on how that goes, I may continue to see him/her (how sad is it that I don't know who I'll be seeing, or their gender?), or I may go back to the nurse midwife.

We did a sonogram to date the pregnancy. As of yesterday, I was 8 weeks and 2 days along! The baby looks healthy, the heartbeat was visible (though I couldn't see it because I didn't have my glasses on), we're on track.

I wish I was further along, though, so my stupid morning sickness and fatigue would go away. I had been thinking I was about 10 weeks along, hoping for 11, but telling myself to be happy with 8 so I wouldn't be disappointed if that was the case. As it turns out, that is the case, and I'm dealing with it okay. I spent all day feeling pukey, like I was on the verge of throwing up every few minutes, but I guess that's just additional proof that the bun in my oven is baking.

I will say, it was cool to see the baby inside of me. I didn't know what to expect, in terms of how I would feel about it, but I definitely felt a little wave of pride and happiness. Mike did, too.

I have to go back in 5 more weeks, plus go in for some blood work in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, we continue to read our books and look at baby gear (we've been hot on the trail of cribs lately). I also still have to tell my dad the news, but I'm hoping to do that this weekend. So lots of excitement to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment