Tuesday, June 9, 2009

In front of a studio audience

I came up with a good analogy today as I was dressing for work. Each morning, I have a more and more difficult time getting ready, as my clothes get smaller and smaller. I've been wearing my belly band to make up for my pants not closing anymore, but my shirts are getting small, too, so it's hard to find things that 1) go around my top half and 2) don't cling too closely to my belly. Anyway... so it dawned on me this morning that I feel like a pregnant actress on a sitcom that has decided not to incorporate the pregnancy into the storyline. Like what they did with the Daphne character on friends. In the show, they gave her a huge appetite and made all these jokes about her binging all the time. I feel like that when I go to work! Like I'm getting bigger and bigger and no one is supposed to notice, or like my coworkers are supposed to think that I'm just getting fat. Not that it matters, really; who cares why my colleagues think I'm getting bigger? But it's like a comedy that only I am privy to. Me and the studio audience, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment