Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Worrisome Moment

On Sunday, I was laying on the ground and our dog jumped onto my belly. He is a rambunctious little pup, about 20-22 pounds, and of course he didn't do it to purposely hurt me and Poppy. Nonetheless, I was really freaked out. I immediately googled "dog jumped on pregnant belly" and found a whole bunch of other posts, which were generally reassuring. People said it had happened to them and that they were fine, and that the baby is surrounded by a lot of fluid, and that as long as there wasn't any cramping or bleeding, it should be fine, but of course to check with a doctor if you're still really freaked out. I laid down and rested for a few hours and have felt fine since, but it still was a really scary moment. My next doctor's appointment is on July 6 and I'm hoping I'll get in there and everything will be fine. If it's not fine, I know I'll think back to the dog jumping on me and I'll spend the rest of my life thinking about the pounce that cost me my baby. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment