Friday, June 26, 2009

Goodnight, moon

It's been five days and I still seem to be pregnant (based on the morning sickness I have had for the last few days). So that's good, and for the moment, I don't have to worry about being upset with our dog.

As I've mentioned, I'm starting to have some sleep issues. I have been drinking more water, so I usually get up to pee in the middle of the night. In the middle of the night, lately, I've gotten really hot-- so hot I drip sweat-- and that wakes me up. I also toss and turn all night (from side to side) so I can try to find a comfortable sleeping position. And our dog has been sleeping in our bed lately and once he's asleep, he doesn't like to move much, so I often find myself trapped in a small corner of the bed. To top it all off, my lovely husband loves to spoon and snuggle. All the things I described above make me not fun to spoon or snuggle, and it makes it not fun for me to do so, either. I have been having fantasies lately of sleeping on the couch or on the guest bed, but Mike would be hurt by that and I don't want to hurt him, so I just try to suck it up.

Well, last night Mike and I got into a fight. It was small and it was over something stupid, but somehow it turned into me going to bed in our bed and him sleeping on the couch. I woke up at 3 a.m. and realized it was just me and the dog in bed. I felt guilty for a moment and thought, "I should go get Mike, tell him to come to bed." Then I thought, "Fuck that! This is my chance to spread out!" And so I did, and in the process had the best night's sleep I've had in weeks.

I'm not saying I'm going to start picking fights with Mike just so I can get sleep, but... if I get really desperate, at least now I have the option!

No comments:

Post a Comment