Saturday, October 10, 2009

Misc. Updates

1) Last Friday, I got a text message from Mike that he'd gotten calls from two new clients, totally out of the blue, wanting to do a couple of shoots this weekend. One of the shoots fell through, but he did end up booking a full day of work ($900) for one of the clients-- a large, national department store chain! I told him if he was still feeling nervous about striking out on his own, he should stop right now!

2) I have a meeting with my former (and potential new) boss tomorrow. She has two positions open and I've seen one of them advertised. As far as I know, she's not advertising "mine," so I'm hoping tomorrow's coffee date will include a formal offer.

3) On the baby front... we picked out a name! There wasn't a lot of overlap in the names Mike and I liked, but I came up with a first name (Micaela or Michaela) and middle name (Lee) combination that I thought sounded good, called him and asked what he thought, and he liked it! I was totally shocked. I didn't expect our conversation would be, "what do you think about Micaela/Michaela Lee?" "I like it." "Okay, so we can go with that?" "Yeah, let's."

He likes Michaela, and I like Micaela, so we still have to deal with that. I like Leigh better than Lee, but Lee is Mike's mom's middle name and the name of my dearest (now deceased) aunt, so I think we're going with Lee.

I want to come up with at least one other option so when Poppy is born, we have something else ready to go in case she doesn't look like a Micaela/Michaela. Still, it's a big hurdle to have come up with *something*!

No comments:

Post a Comment